Thursday 23 April 2015

Glasspiders Self Titled EP

As I write this, the sun is beaming down on an unusually sunny British spring day. Who would’ve guessed that I’d be outside writing reviews in the middle of April? And if the weather wasn't already enough to kick start my excitement for the summer, I can’t seem to get enough of Pink Lemonade; the 4th track of Glasspiders’ new EP. Glasspiders is the newest side project from, pop punk band, Decade’s front man; Alex Sears. The EP is yet to be released and after getting my hands on it early, I cannot express my excitement for it to be released in the coming weeks.

After my first listen, Pink Lemonade seemed to grab my attention the most. The song itself is a shouty, punky, riot of a 2 minute track with grungy noisy elements in addition to the usual emo guitar riff expected from bands such as Pity Sex.
I have to be honest; within the first few listens of the entire EP I was immediately hooked. Something about the catchy emo riffs and the punky feel gives the entire EP its own original flair that will be extremely valuable upon release. Recently, we’ve all noticed a sudden surge for bands such as Pity Sex, Snowing and Tigers Jaw and I’m certain that Glasspiders will steadily climb to the top of the game in the coming months and really make their mark on the seemingly undercover scene.
Each song packs a punch with poignant and true-to-feeling lyrics disguised in a punky head-bang rhythm which it makes them all the more effective in conveying a raw and edgy feeling hiding behind a feel-good guitar. The tracks are evidently budget recorded, yet still carry the clear, executive, professionalism of a studio EP without removing and editing the personal flair of the band itself. The raw gritty guitar doesn’t fail to grab your attention, bum notes and all!


All I have to say is, Glasspiders are one to be watch. And before you know it, they’ll be travelling around the UK with their poppy dance beats and shouty message taking the noisy emo pop scene by storm.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kat!

    My name is Max. I stumbled by chance on your profile at bandcamp). I see you like to listen a lot of different good music.
    If you interested, please listen to our debut album. It's free. We are young alternative / garage rock band called 'The Antidepressants' and we interested in everyone's opinion. It is the motivation to become even better!)
    Thanx for your time! And sorry for the invasion))

    Here's the link:
    https://theantidepressants.bandcamp.com/

    Sincerely - Max

    ReplyDelete