Tuesday 28 October 2014

Review of Arctic Crescent

Arctic Crescent, an Irish band playing what i would relate to as indie acoustic with some alt rock features seamlessly weaved among the poignant acoustic guitar and piano. It is an original mix, something that works incredibly well, and did not fit into my previous expectations. I find the vocals are beautifully haunting in a strange and individual way. After listening to the 2 available songs as a sample from their YouTube channel, I discovered a theme of peacefully strong vocals and lyrics. I found this theme was a feature on both songs which to me signaled the beginning of a firm musical identity. This firm identity is something I find many new bands are lacking. If this identity is already a feature in the early days, I find them promising. Their potential is really just beginning and I believe that within the future they will progress and expand and grow, hopefully furthering their individualistic style and making promising changes to really expand this original sound and identity.

All in all, I believe Arctic Crescent are ones to watch as a strong band with big promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment